ACMC

Just ordered this machine

Picture of User 5
Just ordered this machine
by User 5 - Friday, 17 March 2006, 7:26 AM

After talking to a reference in New York given to me by the American Chocolate Mould company, reading the information in this forum and comparison shopping with other machines, I placed an order for the table top temperer a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to getting it and to reporting on my results.

I have to say that ordering a chocolate tempering machine made me feel a bit "detached" from the chocolate. I am so used to hand tempering that I can't help feel that a tempering machine is a cop out; but I'm doing it all in the name of efficiency and increased business - the reason will all do it. I'll still hand temper on occasion, just to keep up the practice. Afterall, machines aren't 100% reliable!

Zach
Picture of User 25
Re: Just ordered this machine
by User 25 - Saturday, 18 March 2006, 10:11 AM

zrtownsend wrote on Fri, 17 March 2006 07:26

After talking to a reference in New York given to me by the American Chocolate Mould company, reading the information in this forum and comparison shopping with other machines, I placed an order for the table top temperer a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to getting it and to reporting on my results.

I have to say that ordering a chocolate tempering machine made me feel a bit "detached" from the chocolate. I am so used to hand tempering that I can't help feel that a tempering machine is a cop out; but I'm doing it all in the name of efficiency and increased business - the reason will all do it. I'll still hand temper on occasion, just to keep up the practice. Afterall, machines aren't 100% reliable!

Zach

Good for you, Zach. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Regarding your feelings of "copping out", get over it Wink

It's not like an ice cream machine at a fast food outlet. Your attention to the chocolate will still be in high demand - trust me. It will help you, not replace you. I wouldn't be in business without mine. Period. End of story.

Daniel
Picture of User 5
Re: Just ordered this machine
by User 5 - Saturday, 18 March 2006, 11:01 AM

Thanks Dan! I'm looking forward to it, too. No doubt even the best machines still require the skill and know-how of the choclatier.

I'll let you know when I get it.

Zach