JKV

Product Overview

Picture of User 2
Product Overview
by User 2 - Friday, 9 December 2011, 2:12 PM

Tempering Machine product list from http://www.jkvnl.com

JKV Junior - For small quantities of moulding, coloring or dipping in chocolate or coating. 220 or 110 volts.

Hermes JKV 30 - Tempering and moulding-machine with vibrating-table and a 30 kg. capacity for moulding chocolats and hollow figures.

Hermes JKV 100 - Tempering and moulding-machine with the same possibilities as the Hermes JKV 30, but with a 100kg. capacity.

JKV 180 - Fitting to the Hermes JKV 30; this enrober to cover various sorts of fillings.

Picture of User 34
Re: Product Overview
by User 34 - Wednesday, 5 April 2006, 12:06 PM

I have a JKV - 30 that I have used for almost 4 years now at Cocoa West Chocolatier. I have had a couple of minor electrical problems that luckily my husband was able to fix. Otherwise we would need to do a telephone service call with an electrician, as we are on an Island just off the City of Vancouver. There is not much support for the machine from Europe. But it has been a good machine and the volumes suits our needs here at the shop. I also have the enrobing attachment JKV 180. It is a good entry level unit, but as with all units in this entry price range ($4000) it is not perfect. However perfection will cost you about $50 000.
Joanne
Picture of User 5
by User 5 - Thursday, 6 April 2006, 7:51 AM

Thanks, Joanne

I was reviewing these products on-line and am curious about the vibrating tables. Can you explain how the vibrating table works, exactly? Where is the excess chocolate deposited? I assume the chocolate must pool around the bottom of each of the bonbons, and if so, how is the excess chocolate removed before forming a foot? Do you have to remove the bonbons by hand or does the machine deposit them onto a belt or table once the excess chocolate is vibrated off?

Thanks,
Zach
Picture of User 25
by User 25 - Thursday, 6 April 2006, 11:15 AM

I don't presume to answer for Joanne, but here's my understanding. The mold is filled and scraped of excess before it's set on the vibrator. The shaking simply kicks any air pockets/bubbles loose.

Daniel
Picture of User 5
by User 5 - Thursday, 6 April 2006, 1:14 PM

Oh, you're referring to molds. What about bonbons? I'm interested in knowing how bonbons are handled on the vibrator as well.

Thanks!
Zach
Picture of User 25
by User 25 - Thursday, 6 April 2006, 5:14 PM

To my knowledge, they're not, but I'm ready to be corrected.

Daniel
Picture of User 31
by User 31 - Thursday, 8 June 2006, 8:08 PM

Hi Zach,
I did an internship at Knipschildt Chocolatier and he had 3 JVK machines with the vibrating belt. For enrobing, one worker fed the machine and another removed the enrobed truffles from the belt. I didn't get a machine with the vibrating table because i don't always have the luxury for two people to do this.
Picture of User 31
by User 31 - Thursday, 8 June 2006, 8:13 PM

Hi Joanne,
I have a JVK Junior and have used it for a few months. Do you use the attachment that cascades the chocolate? I took mine off but have discovered that I must always take the wheel off to clean out the chocolate that accumulates behind it. How frequently do you empty the bowl out for cleaning?
thanks
Picture of User 25
by User 25 - Saturday, 8 April 2006, 7:04 AM

FYI,

The current price for a JKV 30 is $7,500 FOB Santa Cruz, California.

Daniel
Picture of User 82
by User 82 - Wednesday, 7 March 2007, 10:02 AM

I recently bought 2 used JKV. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how to clean the enrober unit w/ the belt attachment. I'm not sure the condition that the enrober was stored, but it does look pretty bad. would appreciate any help, thanks Smile
Picture of Jenna Mae San Luis
by Jenna Mae San Luis - Monday, 7 September 2015, 11:24 PM

Hi! 

we have recently purchased JKV 30 and we are also experiencing electrical problems. People handling the machine gets minor electric shock especially when he touches another metal object. 

Does this machine needs ground system?