Hilliard's System

Referrals for Hillard's

Picture of User 5
Referrals for Hillard's
by User 5 - Friday, 24 February 2006, 5:54 AM

I have talked with the owner of Hillard's Chocolate Systems and found him and others who work at the company to be very personable and helpful and open to questions about their machines. He also gave me a referral that I could talk to.I talked to someone in Atlanta who owns the machine for his confectionary shop. He stated the machine is very reliable and easy to use. He's also had other Hillard machines for many years that are working very well.

I talked to him specifically about Hillard's The Little Dipper, which is not used for enrobing, but simply dipping. He had many positive things to say about the machine, stating he used it mostly for testing and small batch dipping.

On other websites, such as seventypercent.com, I have read others' praise for Hillard machines.

Does anyone else have experience with The Little Dipper?
Picture of User 23
Re: Referrals for Hillard's
by User 23 - Monday, 6 March 2006, 2:35 PM

Hi, I do have a Hillard's Little Dipper and I love mine. It was recommended to me by someone that I chat with over the internet and she has one in her shop. I like the durability and it's really simple to use. If there is one thing I don't like about it is the clean up. I can't remove the bowl and the baffer can't be removed unless you know how to put it back in and I has to be at the right specs if you know what I mean. I was going for the chocovision model the one for 1399.00 buy I decided for the Hillards instead. I do like mine and will propbably purchase more from them once I get my business open.
Thanks,
Rena
Picture of User 5
by User 5 - Monday, 6 March 2006, 2:40 PM

Thanks, Rena.

What is the noise level of the Little Dipper? Do you find it noisy or quiet?

Thanks,
Zach
Picture of User 97
by User 97 - Thursday, 28 June 2007, 11:43 AM

I have 2 Little Dippers and 1 Jumbo Hand Coater. I love Hilliards because they are consistently easy to work with, and work on. All three machines are in my retail shop which is also my production area. The Hand Coater can be a little loud, but still not bad, and people love to watch it. The Little Dippers are both fairly quiet. I like the amount of noise the fan makes, because I can be working on other things, and hear the fan kick on and know I'm at temperature. I have used Hilliards for 10 years, and we recently made the decision to purchase another Hilliard, rather than a Savage, both because of our history with Hilliard, and because the Savage is completely computerized. If something breaks on the Hilliard, you can usually see exactly what it is. Half the time you can replace the part locally. The rest of the time, Jim & Jim at Hilliard will ship it to you as fast as want to get it. They are terrific to work with, and are very willing to answer all kinds of questions.
Picture of Alan Silver
by Alan Silver - Saturday, 12 January 2013, 5:06 PM

I have used  Hilliard melters and a Hillard enrober for years in my store in New York City. I found them to be effecient, extremly dependable and reliable workhorses. They make tempering easy. I rarely had any problems. Repairs rarely are needed -they are always simple. Hilliard always helps with direction and parts when needed. I highly recommend the Hilliard machines.These machines should last forever with minimal care.

My store is closed and my 2 Hilliard chocolate melters and Hilliard enriber and cooling tunnel,candy copper pots,coldelite soft icecream equipment , and showcases etc are available. All work  and are ready for immediate use.

Alan Silver 347-400-9013       aisalan@aol.com

Picture of User 5
by User 5 - Thursday, 28 June 2007, 2:03 PM

Great to know! Thanks. Hillard seems to be consistent with customer service.

Zach
Picture of User 138
by User 138 - Thursday, 17 January 2008, 8:49 AM

Can anyone post costs for any of these macines (and warranty info) please??

THanks!!

Diane
Picture of Eliza Butler
by Eliza Butler - Friday, 20 April 2012, 3:37 PM

Diane, I can't seem to get the price list image to post, but if you email or contact Jim or Jim at Hilliard's they will email you a price list. Honestly- they are both awesome to work with. I can't praise their customer service enough.
Picture of Carolyn Strain Stewart
by Carolyn Strain Stewart - Wednesday, 2 January 2013, 12:34 PM

In case anyone's interested (as i spent days surfing for the prices of tempering machines), the Little Dipper is currently priced at $1,450 per Hilliards - And then an additional $65 for shipping.