Chocovision

hand dipping

Picture of User 141
hand dipping
by User 141 - Thursday, 31 January 2008, 12:25 PM

Can anyone tell me if the bowl of the Revolation 2 is big enough to hand dip right from the bowl? It's hard to tell from pictures. I'm new to this forum thing--hope I did it right.
Picture of User 118
Re: hand dipping
by User 118 - Monday, 4 February 2008, 12:06 AM

Hi. The bowl is quite small for hand dipping. The diameter of the bowl is 18cm, the deep is 9cm.
If you run the machine, the bowl is divided into two parts - then it's really difficult to dip.
If you stop the machine for dipping, so that you can use the whole bowl (without divider in the middle) you will face the problem that the chocolate will be too cold soon.

So, basically it's possible to dip with the running machine (divided bowl), but there is not much space - OK for home or laboratory use, but difficult if you want to make bigger quantities of pralines.
Picture of User 183
Re: hand dipping
by User 183 - Saturday, 12 July 2008, 10:17 AM

The bowl has plenty of room for dipping if you are using a fork or other dipping tool. If you are using your hand, it depends on the size of your hand, but the bowl dipping area is small.

The largest difficulty I've had with the Rev2 is the small volume of chocolate in the machine. I can only hand dip about 3-4 dozen truffles before I have to refill the machine. While this is fine for many jobs I do, I find the X32 series machines handle the large volume jobs much better.

Hope this helps.