Chocovision

Revolation 2

Picture of User 131
Revolation 2
by User 131 - Monday, 10 December 2007, 4:48 PM

Just found this sight and have learn alot already. I would like to know what you all think about the Revolation 2 temper.( pros & cons). I would like to get a machine for my wife but I'm torn between it and the Acmc. Thanks for any help you can provide. Kim
Picture of User 133
Re: Revolation 2
by User 133 - Wednesday, 19 December 2007, 7:39 AM

Hi, I'm a home/hobby-user of the Revolation 2 and it has been a dream come true. I highly recommend it. It does take a little practice to figure out how to get it right; I didn't find the instructions very clear. But after a couple of tries, I got it down and it's now one of my most treasured possessions. Go for it!
Picture of User 118
by User 118 - Friday, 4 January 2008, 1:14 AM

Hi. How cheddle said in his reply - this machine is really great. All CHOCOVISION machines are working very well, after you made some trials with them. The handling and the flexibilitiy are very good.
I just can recommend this machine - you will love it.
Picture of User 138
by User 138 - Monday, 14 January 2008, 2:49 PM

I am debating between the Revolation 2 or the X3210 version. Can anyone tell me their opinion between these 2 machines??

THanks
Diane
Picture of User 118
by User 118 - Wednesday, 16 January 2008, 6:15 AM

Hi. that's more a question how much chocolate you want to temper in one batch.
The Revolation 2 is quite small, too small for many users out there. We use it only for laboratory samples in small quantities. It's more something like a nice gadget for private use, even that sounds very negativ.

If you are searching a machine to work with in a professional way, the only one is the X3210, because of the size and because of the material which is used for this nice machine. This model is used during competitions worldwide and has very good references.

But in fact: The Revolation 2 works very fine too and I use it very often to precrystalise small amounts of chocolate......and the price is a PRO too.....
Picture of User 138
by User 138 - Wednesday, 16 January 2008, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the reply! I see that the x vesion requires a minimum of 3 lbs. of chocolate. Since I am new to the chocolate world, should I go with the smaller or larger machine???

Thanks
Diane
Picture of User 118
by User 118 - Wednesday, 16 January 2008, 9:48 PM

If you want to use the Revolution 2 at home to create some pralines or small chocolate bars in the way of "Home Making", then this machine is OK.
But if you plan to produce chocolates in a larger amount for a shop or for sale, then you should use the X version.

Because of the used precrystalisation system, both machines are working fine with a small amount of chocolate too.
If you continue with chocolate and you have a Revolution 2, may you will have to change anyway to the X model. In this case it will be better to buy the bigger X model from the beginning.
Picture of User 138
by User 138 - Thursday, 17 January 2008, 8:40 AM

Thanks so much for your input Daniel.

Diane
Picture of User 159
by User 159 - Saturday, 19 April 2008, 1:33 PM

I have bought a Rev2 and am having some trouble with tempering. I've played around with different tempertaures, but I can't seem to get rid of all the tiny little bubbles in the chocolate. Does anyone know why all those tiny bubbles are in there? I am getting frustrated with it.
Picture of User 118
by User 118 - Sunday, 20 April 2008, 10:07 PM

The amount of bubbles is related to the fluidity of your chocolate and the temperature you work with. If you allready tried different temperatures and there was no good result, maybe you have to try an other couverture with more cocoabutter or/and a higher fat content.
Picture of User 45
by User 45 - Wednesday, 28 May 2008, 12:35 PM

I have a 3 year old Rev 2. I use it constantly and produce as many as 300 hand dipped truffles per day for the holiday seasons. From October 07 to February 08 it has run almost 24/7. Although it is quite noisy, I place it on 2 layers of webbed nonslip drawer lining rubber covered with plastic wrap or parchment paper and it reduces the noise significantly. I have an extra bowl, baffle and scraper which I use to either pre-melt Couverture or an alternate type or color.

The poor thing is showing some signs of age however. The inside case is cracking and warping from the constant heat and the original baffle is also showing some stress cracks. The circuit board is also getting tired; if I touch anything metal in the kitchen it often will reset the unit. I do live in a very dry climate so static is a problem. Lately I have noticed that the temper is not dependable so I check each batch as I go.

As far as the size, it is really quite small for the volume that I produce. I overcome this by placing about 5 ? 10 lbs. of chocolate in a large bowl in my oven and setting it to Dehydrate ? 100 degrees for about an hour and then turn it off. The oven will hold the heat but not overheat the chocolate and when I run low I pour some of the pre-melted chocolate behind the baffle and usually reset to start the temper process over. This only takes a couple of minutes because the melted chocolate is almost at temp to add seed.

My advice to a prospective buyer is to get the larger unit if you can only afford one tempering machine. Ideally I would say to buy one of each. You can not imagine how quickly you will need the larger machine.

I am not a big fan of service contracts but the extended warranty offered by Chocovision might be a wise investment, especially if your business depends on having one machine up and running.

Lastly, Chocovision will trade in or trade up for any previously purchased units.