Using Professional Tempering Machines

Tempering or Melting machine?

Picture of User 166
Tempering or Melting machine?
by User 166 - Tuesday, 20 May 2008, 4:45 AM

On a trip to Brazil I came across these fantastic little kiosks in many shopping malls that had melted chocolate in machines with constantly spinning wheels... I managed to find the website at:

www.showcolate.com.br

Can anyone tell me if these machines with spinning wheels are chocolate melting machines or tempering machines?

Much appreciated.
Picture of User 167
Re: Tempering or Melting machine?
by User 167 - Tuesday, 20 May 2008, 12:21 PM

Most likey that is a melting machine- since the goal of tempering is to get the chocolate to harden or stick to something...basicly tempering is a process of melting the chocolate to (a certain temperature to melt the coco cristals) and then cooling the chocolate (to a certain temperature) so that the end result is a chocoalte that shines, has a crisp "break" to it and it sets right. In additon to this process of change of temperatures the chocolate has to be "agitated" and be in a contraled environment...I hope this helped answer your question. Best wishes
Picture of User 169
by User 169 - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 12:51 PM

Hello Brian,

I have just returned from Brazil a few days ago and left my sister in Brazil "in charge" of finding out about those machines. Thanks to you I now know that it is a franchise operation and she is NOT going to find the machine where we usually shop for culinary equipment.
I was intrigued with the design,they had a three-bin machine plus a single bin one.
I thought it would be wonderful to have one in operation so fruit can be dipped on the spot and served.
I was not impressed with the end-product(I eat VERY little chocolate); I did not like the looks of a few strawberries in a bowl swimming in chocolate.
My passion is to work with chocolate and the machine did seem to be simple and uncomplicated.
I sent a message to them on their website, if you are curious about their reply I will post it when I receive an answer.
Picture of Abdull alotaibi
by Abdull alotaibi - Wednesday, 4 May 2011, 2:57 PM

Hello,

Thanks God That I found people talking about this chocolate machine in english , I'am looking for the same machie too , did anyone know where they sell this machine , if yes please share it with me ......

some peole selling this machine on website simillar to ebay but for its scary to buy from so i preffer agents or direct manfactures

I also have some websites for company selling the same machine and able to customize whatever you want but you have to speak portugues which is hard for me , I will get these websites from my work PC next week to share it with you since you are looking for it.

Thanks, 

Abdull

Picture of User 166
by User 166 - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 11:27 PM

Hi Roseli,

thank you for the message. I would be really interested to see the reply from the company. It's an interesting concept although I agree with you the fruit swimming in chocolate doesn't sound very nice.

The design of the machines seems simple and I was wondering if it was just a machine that melts the chocolate. Also, the kiosks are operated outside and it must be difficult to regulate the temperature. Any information would be appreciated!

Best regards

Brian

Picture of User 169
by User 169 - Wednesday, 4 June 2008, 5:51 AM

Hello Brian,

In Brazil the temperature control is not much of a problem, these kiosks are in malls and the temperature indoors is usually even. During the winter (in Sao Paulo the low temperatures hover in the mid-fifties during the day on VERY COLD days; in other areas -like where the company is located, Belo Horizonte, it is mid-sixties....) I am sure the machines have a temperature device, that flowing chocolate looked tempered to me.
I will let you know if I hear from them - Brazilians have the worst communicating habits: they do not respond promptly to enquiries, even by email!
I am curious, where did you go to in Brazil?
I have family there and go quite often.
Picture of marcos correa
by marcos correa - Friday, 1 July 2011, 3:44 PM

I'm from Brazil, This is for Hydrogenated Chocolate, is very bad for  your health.

Marcos

Picture of Roseli D'Agostino
by Roseli D'Agostino - Wednesday, 31 August 2011, 9:03 AM

Hello Marcos!

I knew SOMEONE would give me the answer... it makes sense, in Brazil the only chocolate that can be efficiently used is the hydrogenated kind!

Perhaps that's why I considered myself "VACCINATED FOR LIFE" against two things: chocolate and ice cream! Trying to eat those two things as a child I never again will eat much of it - everything else one eats in Brazil is totally wonderful!!