Mol d'Art

Mol d' Art Melter- seller recommendation

Picture of Grace Stocker
Mol d' Art Melter- seller recommendation
by Grace Stocker - Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 6:43 AM

Hi all,

If you are looking to buy Mol d' Art melters, I highly recommend Technobake.com.  I purchased from them last year the 6 kg model and was very happy with their customer service.  Recently, I made a silly mistake by putting the heat gun next to the electric cord of the melter and burned the cord.  I called them and they were very responsive and helpful.  Now the machine is on the way to be repaired. What a relief!   Also, their pricing is excellent - the lowest I found online.

By the way, I'm a recent graduate from EC and not affiliated with the company.

Kind regards,

Grace

Picture of Katie Jacob
Re: Mol d' Art Melter- seller recommendation
by Katie Jacob - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 8:53 AM

Thanks Grace. I am thinking of purchasing one so that is very helpful.

Katie

Picture of Kristi Wilson
by Kristi Wilson - Friday, 25 March 2016, 8:10 PM

Thanks for this recommendation! I just found their website, but since no one had really mentioned it around here, I was concerned about the legitimacy. They are a bit closer to me, and their price is great!

Picture of Grace Stocker
by Grace Stocker - Saturday, 26 March 2016, 6:57 AM

You are very welcome, Katie and Kristi.  If you are not comfortable placing the order online like me, you can call them to order but mention about free-shipping for online orders which you're planning on doing at first and they would honor it (at least for my case).  In the future when it's time for me to purchase more melters, I would just place the order online from them.

All the best.

Grace

Picture of Kristi Wilson
by Kristi Wilson - Saturday, 26 March 2016, 8:59 AM

Grace, do you know an approximate minimum that can be put in the 6kg pan? I'm small operation at this point. I vastly prefer having a rectangular pan for holding the chocolate in temper, but know that I won't use that capacity for a little while, yet. All the smaller ones are round. 

Picture of Grace Stocker
by Grace Stocker - Saturday, 26 March 2016, 1:28 PM

Hi Kristi,

For the 6 kg pan, I have put in as little as about 750 g to 1 kg of chocolate.  I used a spoon or a spatula to scoop in the chocolate to fill the mold.  For enrobing, I raised the pan on one end  so that it had enough depth for dipping.  You do need to watch the temperature carefully as with a smaller amount of chocolate, it heats up faster and may go out of temper if you don't pay attention.

Recently, I purchased the mini meltinchoc by Martellato ( a small round melter) and really liked it.  It is great for small productions, especially for enrobing and decorating. With that, I can have a different type of chocolate in temper at the same while using my Mol d' Art melter.  For molding, if you don't dump all the chocolate back into the melter after filling the mold, the capacity is great for making a couple molds of bonbons.  Dumping the chocolate back into the melter does cause over-crystallization/thickening of the chocolate in the melter. 

Hope this helps.

Grace

Picture of Kristi Wilson
by Kristi Wilson - Saturday, 26 March 2016, 3:16 PM

Yes, it definitely does! That's a good, real-world image of how the chocolate will "reside" in the pan. Thank you very much!