Chocovision

Revolation Delta - 2 questions

Cayo in Old Providence Colombia
Revolation Delta - 2 questions
by Alejandra Márquez - Thursday, 10 April 2014, 9:06 AM

I am thinking about buying the Revolation Delta but have two questions before taking the decision:

- How long does it take to temper 10 lbs of chocolate (starting from the melting step)?

- I read that you have to add sedd tempered chocolate to the machine in the middle of the process. What do I do if I don´t have tempered chocolate to start with? Do I have to temper by hand first to have some seed chocolate I can use later? what if my hand-tepmpering is not that good?

Can anyone help me please? Thank you very much in advance.

Picture of Jason Worley
Re: Revolation Delta - 2 questions
by Jason Worley - Thursday, 10 April 2014, 11:18 AM

Alejandrea,

Before you decide on the Rev Delta, can you please send me your email address to pente_travma@yahoo.com?  I may have an offer for you that could save you some money.

Regarding your questions:

- 10 lbs of chocolate takes about an hour

- Yes - you have to add tempered chocolate to the machine.  When you buy chocolate (i.e. Cacao Barry, Felchlin, etc.), it either comes as a block or in pistoles and is already tempered.   If you do not have tempered chocolate, then you will have to temper it before adding it.  However, you do not have to table the chococlate, you can temper it in the microwave.

Hope this helps!

Jason

Picture of Mark Gerrits
by Mark Gerrits - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 8:59 AM

Hi Alejandra.

Thank you for posting these questions.  Were you ever able to get answers?   I have the same question regarding how to use the Delta if I don't have tempered (or good tempered) seed chocolate to begin with.   I would be very grateful if you could share how you have worked through this issue.

thanks!
Mark

Urge Chocolates
by Dirke Botsford - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 10:25 AM

I have the Delta XT, it takes about an hour to crystalize 10 lbs. If you don't have tempered chocolate you can always get Mycro, available from cocoa barry. It's pre crystalized cocoa butter, you'll have to figure out the amount to use but it works well if you don't have any precrystalized chocolate. 

Question though....If you don't have any tempered chocolate, what are you starting with?

Glenn
by Glenn Knowles - Wednesday, 21 May 2014, 11:19 AM

I have two Rev Delta machines. To temper 10#, it will likely take about 45-60 mins for dark, shorter for milk or white chocolate. You should be seeding with tempered couverture...the seeding process is to cool the chocolate from the high melting point.  So you just add pistoles or chipped up chocolate. The machine will prompt you when to remove the seed. 

If you are concerned with timing, you could purchase the holley baffle, which accelerates the tempering process and also allows for more chocolate to be tempered - good for the busy season.

If you are not starting with tempered chocolate, you need to make sure that when you reach the stage 1 melting point @ 45C or so depending on your couverture, you allow the chocolate's sugar and fat molecule to break down sufficiently before proceeding with the next stages of tempering. 

Good luck.

Cayo in Old Providence Colombia
by Alejandra Márquez - Thursday, 22 May 2014, 9:36 AM

Thanks to all of you for your kind answers and concerns!!!

I haven´t decided anything yet, 10lbs per hour might not be enough for me, I might have to go for a larger machine.  It´s a shame that the Revolation 3Z only comes in 110v which I don´t need. 

Picture of Mark Wightman
by Mark Wightman - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 3:39 AM

Hi Alejandro.  Vantage House in the UK sell a 240V version of the Rev 3Z.

-Mark