Chocovision

Which temper machone for small shop

Picture of mark lingoes
Which temper machone for small shop
by mark lingoes - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 10:56 PM

Hello all.

I have a quick question, Im looking into starting a small chocolate shop and I have never used a temper machine. I'm wondering which size of machine I  could get away with until I'm able to grow my business? 

Picture of Michelle Sanders
Re: Which temper machone for small shop
by Michelle Sanders - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 4:58 AM

Mark, I used a ChocoVision Rev II when I started.  Don't use a Rev I - I sent that one back as it did not work with high-end chocolate, but they gave me full credit toward a Rev II.  Rev II tempers about 1.5 pounds at a time and you can override the default high temp on the tempering process to handle higher-end chocolate and stop the bowl rotation temporarily for dipping - it restarts itself automatically to keep the temper - nice. And it's really easy to clean. It was a work-horse for me until I outgrew it and moved up to a Hilliard Little Dipper, which tempers more chocolate at a time.  All tempering machines are annoyingly loud.  Good luck!

Picture of Rebecca Dunlavey
Re: Which temper machone for small shop
by Rebecca Dunlavey - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 6:26 AM

I've been using a Choco Vision Delta for a while now.  LOVE IT!  The people there are very nice and easy to talk to.  You could try calling them and telling them what you are in the market for and they will help you out.  Sometimes they have specials on machines they refurbished themselves. They work just as well as the brand new ones! 

Good luck with your search!