Boscolo/FBM

FBM Aura

Diving!
FBM Aura
by Nicholas Whebell - Sunday, 30 June 2013, 4:53 AM

I purchased an FBM Aura tempering machine about a year ago.

It took me some time to setup as to get it to reverse the screw auger you have to get a 3 phase model. I then added a phase converter so it would operate on single phase power. I probably had more problems than any Aura customer they've ever had in setting it up although that was not really their fault and it took me longer than I anticipated to get working as their factory closed over August for Italy's summer holdiay.

Anyway, it arrived in timely and good condition. They had it ready in half the time they said they would too. Once I had it setup properly it ran perfectly provided the room temperature isn't too hot, which is a bad idea for making chocolate anyway. Its a great machine and well made so I would recommend it to anyone, although I do not really have any experience with other continuous tempering machines to compare it to. When I set out to purchase one I had some set criteria and it was the only one that met them all.

They were also very helpful in helping me fix my machine up and skype called me a few times doing so. I would suggest to anyone purchasing one to ensure they talk to them about what they need as they are made to order and the factory will accomodate for you. Also, be mindful of their holiday over August!

Regards,

Nick.

Picture of Bob Gilchrist
Re: FBM Aura
by Bob Gilchrist - Monday, 3 October 2016, 5:59 AM

Hi Nick

I'm looking for a small table-top continuous tempering machine and am considering the Aura. However, like you, I only have single-phase supply.  I realise your post is over 3 years old, but I wonder how you have got on with it?  My email is bob@dtnet.co.uk.

thanks!

Bob