Bakon

Choco TT

Picture of Melanie Boudar
Choco TT
by Melanie Boudar - Thursday, 15 November 2012, 12:57 AM

I just purchased a Choco TT tempering machine. It arrived on a pallet and was well padded. It took only a few min to disassemble ,wash the parts and bowl, and reassemble. We set the temp at 42C, filled it with chocolate, covered it with the provided plexi cover .I think you really need to set the temp a bit higher, maybe 45C. The large volume under the plexi cover in an A/C room doesn't seem to melt that quickly.
The next Am we started the machine and set the temp for 29 for milk chocolate. It took about 40 min to come down to that temp. At 34C we seeded and after reaching 29C we raised the temp to 30C for working temp. The wheel does the stirring.After testing for temper I shut the machine off and dipped my pieces as its a little hard to do with the wheel turning. Every few min we would turn it on to stir it a bit. The temper held really nice. I molded a couple solid items and the bowl size is just barely suitable to maneuver a mold.
The flow from the spout is quite fast and wide so unlike the Selmi I'm used to working on, there is no foot pedal to control the spout flow. The chocolate stayed in temper for the entire time without over crystallizing .
All in all for the price, I think this is a really nice unit for dipping chocolates especially. I'm spoiled for molding but the maneuverability will probably improve slightly with use, for now its awkward .
Picture of tjhin mui
Re: Choco TT
by tjhin mui - Tuesday, 15 January 2013, 5:17 PM

hi melanie,

do you still use your selmi machine, what do you think which machine is work best for you? I am considering to get selmi color, so I am comparing different type. thanks

Picture of Melanie Boudar
by Melanie Boudar - Sunday, 15 December 2013, 11:05 PM

Yes i still use the Selmi Plus. Its a workhorse. Some issues with paper /take off end but love it for enrobing and molding.
Jennifer Chocolates
by Jennifer Cross - Sunday, 15 December 2013, 3:36 PM

Hi Melanie, I'm looking at buying the Choco TT, now that you've had it for a while what do you think? I'm worried that it is going to spill over the left edge there near where the wheel turns, have you had any problems with it?
Thanks, Jennifer

Jennifer Chocolates
by Jennifer Cross - Tuesday, 17 December 2013, 7:00 PM

Hi Melanie, how is your Choco TT working? I'm looking at buying that one in the new year but i haven't found any reviews?