Chocovision

Help! my Chocovision rev2 bowl won't turn

Picture of kelsey leland
Help! my Chocovision rev2 bowl won't turn
by kelsey leland - Saturday, 11 February 2012, 7:40 PM

I think that white chocolate might have spilled over and gotten into the area beneath the bowl. Now the motor seems to turn on, but nothing spins. I suspect the chocolate caused some kind of blockage and broke the motor, but I cannot tell...

Has anyone ever had a motor issue with the chocovision rev2?

The pins are intact and connecting to the received just fine, and there is only sometimes an EEE message onscreen; the other times it behave exactly as if it were spinning, but it is not spinning at all...

Picture of Kymberlee Keckler
Re: Help! my Chocovision rev2 bowl won't turn
by Kymberlee Keckler - Thursday, 4 October 2012, 5:51 PM

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this. I had the exact same problem. I likely overfilled mine with too much chocolate and it overflowed into the inside of the machine.

I took mine apart and cleaned all of the chocolate out of it and that fixed it. Don't unscrew the 2 phillips screws in the bottom, that holds the motor in the proper position.You will need a torx screw driver to take it apart. THere are about 6 that hold it together.

You could also try heating the bottom with a heat gun while it's in tact to melt the chocolate, but the problem will not be fixed permanently.