ACMC

Future problem for machines that use light bulbs for heating

Ecole Chocolat
Future problem for machines that use light bulbs for heating
by Ecole Chocolat - Wednesday, 7 September 2011, 1:10 PM

I sent an email to ACMC with the following question:

One of our graduates uses your Table Top Temperer. She came up with a very good question about replacement light bulbs. Since companies that make light bulbs in the US are tasked by the gov to phase out incandescent bulbs, what substitute bulb do you recommend she use to replace her current incandescent bulb?

Thanks to David Cole at ACMC for the quick response and asked him to keep me posted on any developments:

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your email. The light bulb issue is something we’re working on resolving, but haven’t instituted a permanent solution yet. My understanding of the government directive is that companies have to phase out standard incandescent bulbs, but specialty bulbs (halogens, rough service incandescent, etc.) are still allowed to be manufactured. We’re still testing halogen bulbs for use in the machine and are also investigating using a screw-in type of ceramic heater. For now though, I would say that your former student should try and stock up on incandescent 100W frosted light bulbs as replacements. Hopefully, we’ll have a more permanent solution in the near future.

Best regards,

David Cote
American Chocolate Mould Company
1401 Church Street, Unit 5
Bohemia, NY 11716
P: (631)589-5080
F: (631)589-5048
www.americanchocolatemould.com

Picture of Lana Langevin
Re: Future problem for machines that use light bulbs for heating
by Lana Langevin - Thursday, 8 September 2011, 1:05 AM

I just wanted to share that full spectrum 100 watt incandescent bulbs are still available.  They look and act like regular 100 watt bulbs.  Here is a link to Walmart for purchase online:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-100W-Reveal-Incandescent-Light-Bulb-4-Pack/15040833